Del Val University Head Women's Wrestling Coach
TEAM / ORGANIZATION: Delaware Valley University
TITLE: Head Women’s Wrestling Coach
POSITION: Regular Full Time
Delaware Valley University (DelVal) is introducing women’s wrestling as an intercollegiate sport and seeks an inaugural full-time head coach to lead and develop a program that will compete at a high level both athletically and academically. The successful candidate for this position will be an ambitious go-getter who relishes the opportunity to recruit an inaugural team of qualified student-athletes with the ability to begin competing by the Fall of 2020.
Located in beautiful Doylestown, Pennsylvania, the University enrolls over 1,700 undergraduate and over 400 graduate students and is a member of NCAA Division III. With a strong tradition in men’s wrestling, DelVal eagerly anticipates adding women’s wrestling to our portfolio of opportunity.
At DelVal, our coaches are expected to provide an experience that supports the academic, athletic and personal achievement of student-athletes and are expected to work cooperatively within the athletic department, the campus life division, and across the entire DelVal community to realize goals in support of student success and university goals and mission.
The head coach will organize and manage all aspects associated with the women’s wrestling program including but not limited to: recruitment of student-athletes and attainment of recruiting goals; practice planning and game preparation; coaching and scouting; player development and support; academic monitoring; campus and community engagement efforts; fundraising and alumni development; scheduling; travel planning; budget management; and coaching personnel management.
1. Establish annual recruiting goals and plans to enroll a diverse group of qualified student-athletes with the ability to compete
2. Prepare, organize and conduct and direct an appropriate schedule of team practice and competition activities that complies with all appropriate policies, goals and objectives
3. Annually review rule changes from the NCAA and MAC conference as pertains to the wrestling program
4. Supervise and evaluate all assistant coaches within the program, recommending to the director of athletics the hiring and retention of all personnel associate with the program
5. Ensure and communicate expectations for student-athletes’ academic, conduct and other performance and engagement issues, collaborating appropriately with university personnel
6. Coordinate team travel, itineraries, housing and meals in a timely fashion in accordance with departmental policies and guidelines
7. Coordinate facility use and scheduling in cooperation with department personnel
8. Administer and oversee the program budget and purchasing activities in a responsible manner consistent with all department and university policies and guidelines for financial transactions
9. Collaborate with athletic training personnel regarding medical clearances, injury prevention, rehabilitation and playing status of student-athletes
10. Collaborate with equipment room staff regarding the distribution, collection, and ordering of athletic equipment and supplies
11. Promote and manage the development and coordination of university and community engagement and service activities that promote positive interaction between student-athletes and non-student athletes and community members
12. Promote and cultivate alumni programs and outreach in conjunction with Institutional Advancement
13. Serve as needed on department, division and university committees
14. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above job responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position
WORKING CONDITIONS AND FREQUENTLY USED TOOLS
Travel and driving for competition and recruiting
Additional obligations assisting with university events (including but not limited to: admission and recruitment events; student welcome and orientation; alumni/advancement)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated commitment to philosophy of Division III athletics program
Evidence of commitment to academic and personal development of student-athletes
Demonstrated experience and familiarity with recruitment of qualified students
Strong managerial, administrative, organizational, and computer skills
Excellent communication skills and demonstrated collegiality with colleagues within and beyond athletics
Working knowledge of NCAA rules, regulations and related compliance issues. Must pass annual NCAA rules test
Demonstration of leadership, sportsmanship and conduct becoming the coaching profession
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE
Bachelor’s degree required
Prior successful experience coaching
Prior experience as a participant in the sport
CPR-First Aid/AED Certification
Valid driver’s license required
Delaware Valley University reserves the right to revise, change or modify job responsibilities and position qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected applicants will be responsible for providing the University with clearances, appropriate to the position, that have been completed within the last 5 years. These clearances could include but are not limited to: Pennsylvania Patch, FBI Fingerprints completed by IDENTGO, and the Child Abuse History clearance.
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.